Lilypie Fifth Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas Revelation and some tunes

My friend Candice posts a song on her blog and changes it randomly. I loved that idea, and thought I might give it a go. The current song is Breath of Heaven, sung by Amy Grant. I first heard this song in high school when my pastor's daughter sang it at church. I loved how it was sung from Mary's point of view.
Now that I myself am a mother, this song has a whole new meaning to me. Christmas, after all, is all about that tiny little baby that was laid in a manger.
This year Christmas has become so much more real to me for the simple fact that Mary was a mother. She gave birth to the baby Jesus. The one who was sent to save us all from our sin. Isn't that an amazing thought?!
All of that hard work and pain I experienced bringing our beautiful little boy into the world, Mary also experienced as she brought Jesus into the world. Just as I nurse Emery, Mary nursed Jesus.
What a humbling and honorable thing to go through!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That is my favorite song, too! I just got Amy Grant's memoir book and am looking forward to reading it. I completely understand your insights towards Christmas, just wait until the impact of Easter and the Father's sacrifice hits you as a parent. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song, too. Mary is ana amazing example of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete