Lilypie Fifth Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Owen tried to surprise me today...








...but he's really bad about hiding things from me. Meaning...he can't. His face turns red and he can't quit smiling. It's nearly impossible for him to surprise me.

A few days ago we went into Portland to do some grocery shopping at New Seasons, and we stopped in at a bike shop we'd never seen before. We were browsing really, not looking to buy because well, bikes are expensive. Then I saw it. The bike of my dreams (well not *really*, but pretty darn close). It was a vintage Schwinn, (today Owen said it wasn't) cruiser style bike with three speeds, fenders, a back rack, and a light that came on when you pedaled. It needed a paint job, but it was the right size, and EXPENSIVE. We walked away and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Today Owen came home and said, "Hey babe," (face turning red)"remember that bike you saw the other day? Well, it has internal gears, and it needed a paint job pretty bad. (Huge grin, face turning redder, nervous laughter)"

"Really?" I said. "How do you know that?"

(No eye contact, biggest grin ever) "I just know. Besides, there was this other one that didn't have a price tag. Remember that one? Well, it's out in the car!"

So.

I.

Have.

A.

Bike.

It's red and shiny! It's a Schwinn! It's a cruiser! (and it's a tiny bit too big for me) But, Owen paid like HALF of what the other bike cost, and it looks sooooo much better, and it's a 5 speed, and now we can ride bikes together!

I just need to add a light and an rack and a basket and a bell, attach a baby seat/trailer and we'll be good to go. :)


Happy Valentine's Day/Birthday to me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep. That is the little 6 pounder I pushed out. Isn't he sweet.
    I was sad that the ice kept us apart. Hopefully, next trip we can see Le Emery.

    ReplyDelete