Lilypie Fifth Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Funny Bone Defensive Driving

I was in a wreck about a month ago. It was my "fault" because the brakes were bad and I ran a red light t-boning a car passing through the intersection. Because my driving record it so impeccable (ha!) I was allowed to take a Defensive Driving Course in order to have my ticket dismissed.  It's been a process, and I'm still not done. Today was my Defensive Driving class. There are lots of options when choosing a course. I opted for this particular one because I would rather be entertained than sit in front of a computer, or listen to some Monotone teacher preach at me about how I shouldn't drive the way I do.

Six hours later, this is what I took away from it.

Dana, the instructor, walked a fine line between being mildly funny, (lots of dry jokes and puns), and very professionally serious when talking about the most important matters.

Lesson 1~ DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE PEOPLE, JUST DON'T DO IT!

The dry jokes and puns were a much needed distraction from the mundane common sense items discussed that obviously some of the attendees definitely needed to re-learn. 

The highlight of my day though was our lunch break.

We were given Austin's Pizza as our lunch. Totally paid for.  We were also told that the company matches 100% whatever it is that the delivery drivers receive in tips and all that money goes to fund Autism research. Good cause right? I'm still researching the truth in this statement, so don't hold me to that.

But, I digress....

So, Dana went elsewhere for lunch.  I'm sure after teaching 3000 plus classes, one gets tired of eating pizza.  I would have gone elsewhere as well, if I could have. 
We as a class, ate our pizza, and returned to the classroom to finish out our 6 hour "adult time-out" day.

 We were waiting patiently for his return, and waiting, and waiting.  He finally showed up 15 minutes later and informed us he had been in a wreck--in the parking lot. His first in 12 years.

Lesson 2~
SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! RUSHING IS DANGEROUS AND DOESN'T REALLY SAVE YOU ANYMORE THAN A COUPLE OF MINUTES-MAX.

Really those are the most important things I learned today, oh- wait and you can get fined $2500 max for throwing cigarette butts out the window in TX. Due to high drought conditions, a cigg *could* be considered Hazardous material. (they can cause fires yo!)

Lesson 3~
QUIT SMOKING-AND DON'T LITTER!

Thanks for reading.....
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment