Lilypie Fifth Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Am I supposed to be blogging about this stuff?

It seems as if nearly all the mommy bloggers I know post regular updates on their little ones and the different milestones that they reach. I fully inteneded on doing this when I started this blog, but clearly I have failed. So, here's your update.

Just so you know, Emery is an official toddler He's 18 months old. He's so much fun, and truly so much work. But, he's loved, soooo much. By everyone. He's a lucky boy. :)

We got his haircut today. We spent way too much moneyto go to a place that caters to kids. You know, those places that have chairs shaped like firetrucks, and taxis, and airplane. The place that plays loud obnoxious "kid-friendly" videos really close to their face in hopes of distracting them from the stranger holding sharp objects near ther eyes.
It was pointless. He was truly more interested in the stranger weilding a sharp object near his face to pay attention to the video. In fact, I think he enjoyed it. There were no tears, no meltdowns. He took it like a, well, like a little boy. He looks so much older now. I miss his long curly mop, but also love how grown up he looks. ;) (Pictures coming soon!)

I've been working. A lot. In order to give Grandma a break, I'm in the process of finding an affordable Motessori school. In all actuality it isn't really feasible to pay that kind of money, and we could use the government to help pay for daycare. But I feel like he should be well, learning something instead just playing. Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment